EVENTS AND INFORMATION
The Citizen Patrol is still ongoing and working great. But, there is always a need for additional volunteers. As an added incentive the Association is offering to reduce your Maintenance Fees by 50% for the coming year with a minimum patrol requirement.
Citizens on Patrol groups are designed to provide a means for citizens to organize into patrol groups in order to reduce crimes in their community.
The goals of the Citizens on Patrol program are:
• To provide an effective method of discouraging neighborhood crimes.
• To promote a friendly and safer neighborhood environment while respecting the privacy and rights of all citizens
• To encourage awareness and provide improved communication among neighbors
• To upgrade the quality of life and property values in the area
COP is a program run in conjunction with the City of Houston and Houston Police Department; formal training is required to participate. You must meet the following minimum qualifications and standards to become a COP volunteer:
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid Texas Driver License
• Pass a background check
• Must reside in the area patrolled by the Citizen Patrol Group